Big Fish, Little Fish is a cart demo that can also be used as a classroom activity that focuses on what biomagnification is and how it happens in our ecosystems. Visitors will see a short visual demonstration followed by an interactive game.
- Recognize what biomagnification is and how it happens.
- Understand the difference between biomagnification and bioaccumulation.
- Learn about past examples of chemicals that biomagnified in the ecosystem.
- Understand how nanoparticles have the potential to biomagnify and the impacts they may have.
- Nanotechnologies—and their costs, utility, risks, and benefits—are closely interconnected with society and with our values.
NISE Network products are developed through an iterative collaborative process that includes scientific review, peer review, and visitor evaluation in accordance with an inclusive audiences approach. Products are designed to be easily edited and adapted for different audiences under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike license. To learn more, visit our Development Process page.