The mission of The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is to serve the needs of the citizens of Texas, the nation and the world through programs committed to excellence and designed to:
(1) Educate health professionals for San Antonio and the entire South Texas community and for the state of Texas, to provide the best possible health care, to apply state-of-the-art treatment modalities, and to continue to seek information fundamental to the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of disease.
(2) Play a major regional, national and international role as a leading biomedical education and research institution in the discovery of new knowledge and the search for answers to society’s health-care needs.
(3) Be an integral part of the health-care delivery system of San Antonio and the entire South Texas community, as well as an important component of the health-care delivery system of Texas and the nation.
(4) Serve as a catalyst for stimulating the life science industry in South Texas, culminating in services and technology transfer that benefit local and state economies.
(5) Offer continuing education programs and expertise for professional and lay communities.