The evaluation of the September 2010 Science Cafe Online Workshop provides evidence that some workshop outcomes were successfully achieved while others provide potential for improvement.
Key findings include:
- No more than 30% of participants were from any one of the nine regions, and no more than 40% of participants were from any one of the three types of organizations.
- 80% of participants agreed or strongly agreed that they had the knowledge to deliver science cafes in their communities.
- 70% of participants agreed or strongly agreed that they were familiar with nanoscience topics that could be presented through a science cafe.
- 82% of participants agreed or strongly agreed that the workshop met expectations.
- 2 participants applied for stipends to deliver science cafes during NanoDays 2011.