Post Doctoral Research Associate, Phone: (305) 302 3428
department of Materials Science and Engineering, Email: email@example.com
University of North Texas, North Texas Discovery Park
3940 North Elm St. Suite E-132
Denton, TX 76207,USA. From 09/01/2012 to current
1. PhD: Spring 2008- Summer 2012
Major: Materials Science and Engineering CGPA: 3.93/4.00.
PhD Topic: Carbon Nanostructure Based Electrodes for High Efficiency Dye Sensitized Solar Cell
Institute: Department of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Florida international University
Major: Ceramic Engineering CGPA: 3.58/4.00.
Research Topic: Tin dioxide based Semiconductor gas sensor for sulfur-di-oxide detection.
Institute: Institute of Technology, BHU, India (currently IIT-Varanasi)
1. Research Assistant Professor in Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea during summer 2011
2. Research Assistant Professor in Hanyang University, Seoul, South Korea during summer 2009
3. Worked as lab manager from 2009-2012 for Nanomaterials and Device Lab, Florida International University:
i. Trained 4 people in electron beam lithography, CVD and sputtering system,
ii. Maintain all the lab safety protocols during this period
4. Worked as Scientist in under Council of Scientific and Industrial Research , INDIA (2006-2007)
5. Worked as Research Associates under Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, INDIA (2005-2006).
Graphene Synthesis, Carbon Nanotubes Synthesis, Zinc Oxide nanowire synthesis, doping of nanomaterials, Nano-scale devise fabrications and process optimizations by, photolithography, UV-lithography and E-beam lithography, Thin film depositions and characterizations, Plasma etching and different chemical etching techniques for micro and nano fabrications, Scanning Electron Microscopy , Atomic Force Microscopy, Raman Spectroscopy, Electrical Characterizations, J-V characteristics for Solar cells, Electrochemical Characterizations
Hands on Experiences:
Scanning Electron Microscopy (JEOL 7000F), Electron Beam Lithography (JEOL 7000F), XPS and UPS (PHI VersaProbe), Raman Spectroscopy (KAISER optics and Thermo-Electron Almega XR), Photolithography(HIELDEBERGH), Sputtering System (AJA), Atomic force Microscopy (Veeco), E-beam evaporation (CHA), Low pressure Chemical Vapor Deposition System (Atomate, Firstnano), Inductively Coupled Plasma Enhanced Chemical Vapor Deposition System (A-Tech), 4-probe station and semiconductor parameter analyzers (Agilent), Hall Measurement system (ECOPIA), Electrochemical Characterizations system: Potentiostat/Galvanostat (Gamry, USA).
Technical and Computer Skills:
WINNT, MS Windows, NPGS, LAYOUT EDITOR, DESIGN CAD LT 2000, CORELDRAW, ORIGIN, PHOTOSHOP, FITYK etc.
Publications during Doctoral Studies at FIU:
1. S. Das and W Choi, Graphene Synthesis, Graphene: Synthesis and Applications; Series: Nanomaterials and their Applications CRC Press, Published October 2011.
International Peer Reviewed Journals:
1. S Das: Advanced Functional Materials, (2011) 21, 3729–3736.
2. S. Das, Journal of Materials Chemistry, (2012) DOI: 10.1039/c2jm32481d.
3. S. Das: Journal of Materials Chemistry: 21 (2011) 7289-7295.
4. S. Das: Carbon, (2012) 50, 4815.
5. D. Lahiri, S. Das, ACS Nano, (2012) 6, 3992.
6. V. P. Verma, S. Das, I. Lahiri, and W. Choi, APPLIED PHYSICS LETTERS 96, 203108 (2010).
7. V. P. Verma, S. Das: Materials Science and Engineering B: 171 (2010) 45–49.
8. I. Lahiri, S. Das, C. Kang, W. Choi: Journal of Metals, Volume 63, Issue 6, pp.70-76.
International Conference Proceedings during Doctoral Studies at FIU:
1. S. Das: Proceedings of The International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE) 25 - 29 April 2011, Orlando, Florida, USA.
2. V. P. Verma, S. Das, MRS Symposium Proceedings, 29-3rd December 2010, Boston, MA, USA: MRS Proceedings 2011 1283 : mrsf10-1283-b08-03 (7 pages) DOI: 10.1557/opl.2011.801.
3. P. K. Vabbina, S. Das, Accepted for Materials Research Society Symposium Proceeding 2012 1449 : mrss12-1449-bb09-15.
4. A. Hadjikhani, J. Chen, S. Das, W. Choi: Symposium: 2012 Functional and Structural Nanomaterials, CPUE: TMS 2012 Conference Proceedings, Accepted.
5. M Karabiyik, S. Das, Accepted for The Proceedings of The International Society for Optics and Photonics (SPIE) 23 - 27 April 2012 Baltimore, Maryland United States.
Total 19 presentations (Including Oral and Poster) in different national and international conferences during doctoral studies at FIU.
Awards and Achievements:
1. Received Outstanding Doctoral Research Award and recognized by the Dean, College of Engineering and Computing, FIU.
2. Awarded Dissertation Year Fellowship (DYF) from Graduate School, Florida International University for the academic year 2011-2012.
3. Awarded Dissertation Evidence Acquisition (DEA) Fellowship from Graduate School, Florida International University for the academic year 2010-2011.
4. Awarded Honorary Membership offer for Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society, USA this year.
5. Awarded Second Prize for presentation in Florida International University, Graduate Scholarly Forum 2012.
6. Awarded third Prize for Materials Challenges in Alternative and Renewable Energy 2012 student poster contest.
7. Invited as a Research Assistant Professor in Hanyang University during the period of Jun 2011 to Aug 2011 (Summer 2011).
8. Invited as a Research Assistant Professor in Hanyang University during the period of Jun 2009 to Aug 2009 (Summer 2009).
9. Awarded a Gold Medal for standing first in Master course in IT-BHU
10. Awarded Travel Grant from Graduate and Professional Student Committee, FIU for attending Materials Research Society Conference 2010, Boston.
11. Awarded Travel Grant from Graduate and Professional Student Committee, FIU for attending Materials Research Society Conference 2011, Boston.
12. Awarded Travel Grant from Graduate and Professional Student Committee, FIU for attending Clean and NANO Tech Conference 2009, Houston.
Nanoscale phenomena, Technology tools and applications, Health and medicine, Environment, Energy, Societal implications, Economics, Careers in nano