Nano Dreams and Nano Nightmares is a big comedy about small things for families with children under the age of ten. This fifteen minute play incorporates puppetry and humor to introduce audiences to nanoscale science.
- Understand that molecules and atoms are always shaking, sticking and sliding.
- Understand that things on the nanoscale behave differently than on the “big” or macro scale.
- Be aware that there are potential positive and negative impacts of nanoscale technology.
- Nanometer-sized things are very small, and often behave differently than larger things do.
- Nanotechnologies—and their costs, utility, risks, and benefits—are closely interconnected with society and with our values.
NISE Network products are developed through an iterative collaborative process that includes scientific review, peer review, and visitor evaluation in accordance with an inclusive audiences approach. Products are designed to be easily edited and adapted for different audiences under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike license. To learn more, visit our Development Process page.