Oleophobic Surfaces is a hands on cart demonstration for spontaneous, 3-10 minute interactions with visitors. The visitors will explore several surfaces that display oleophobic properties due to material science research at the nano scale.
- As a result of exploring this demonstration, visitors will learn that oleophobic means "oil hating."
- As a result of exploring this demonstration, visitors will be able to appreciate that scientists have created oleophobic surfaces using nanomaterials.
- As a result of exploring this demonstration, visitors will be able to identify several applications for oleophobic surfaces.
- Nanometer-sized things are very small, and often behave differently than larger things do.
- Scientists and engineers have formed the interdisciplinary field of nanotechnology by investigating properties and manipulating matter at the nanoscale.
NISE Network products are developed through an iterative collaborative process that includes scientific review, peer review, and visitor evaluation in accordance with an inclusive audiences approach. Products are designed to be easily edited and adapted for different audiences under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike license. To learn more, visit our Development Process page.