Linked product - AVAILABLE FOR $34.99 AT: www.talkingnano.net (FOR PURCHASE ORDERS: call 617.589.4483 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org). This 6-video DVD set features Don Eigler, George Whitesides, David Rejeski, Eric Mazur, Tim Miller, and, as a bonus, The Amazing Nano Brothers Juggling Show. It provides a basic Nano 101 introduction to nanotechnology, potential applications, implications, and impacts. Designed for classroom, informal, and professional development use, the videos are tightly edited with close-ups and illustrations. Each DVD is individually chaptered and menued, allowing quick access to particular content areas. The www.talkingnano.net website includes a scene-by-scene outline of content areas and ties to U.S. and Massachusetts education standards.
- The nature, origin, and range of nanotechnology
- Understanding size and behavior at the nanoscale
- Current and potential applications of nanotechnology and their impacts
- Imaging at the nanoscale
- Basic structure of matter
- Harnessing special properties of matter at the nanoscale
- Motivation for nanoscale research
- Selected societal implications of nanotechnology
- Selected consumer safety and regulatory issues of nanotechnology
- How researchers conceive and conduct their efforts
- Nanometer-sized things are very small, and often behave differently than larger things do.
- Scientists and engineers have formed the interdisciplinary field of nanotechnology by investigating properties and manipulating matter at the nanoscale.
- Nanoscience, nanotechnology, and nanoengineering lead to new knowledge and innovations that weren't possible before.
- Nanotechnologies—and their costs, utility, risks, and benefits—are closely interconnected with society and with our values.
This linked product was created by another institution (not by the NISE Network). Contact owning institution regarding rights and permissions.