the National Chemistry Week 2015 theme is:
Chemistry Colors Our World: the chemistry of food colors and fireworks, rainbows, natural dyes and pigments, and more
National Chemistry Week is a community based program of the American Chemical Society (ACS). This annual event unites ACS local sections, businesses, schools, and individuals in communicating the importance of chemistry to our quality of life.
For more information:
- NISE Network National Chemistry Week page: www.nisenet.org/national-chemistry-week featuring nanoscience, technology, and engineering activities for the public suitable for National Chemistry Week.
- American Chemical Society (ACS) National Chemistry Week website including information on how to get involved, publications, publicity materials, and more
National Chemistry Week Mission
The mission of National Chemistry Week is to reach the public, particularly elementary and secondary school children, with positive messages about chemistry to:
- Make a positive change in the public's impression of chemistry;
- Promote a mechanism for effectively mobilizing ACS local sections; and
- Motivate the ACS membership through local section activities.