This 50-minute program includes an introduction to the nanoscale science, conversation time for the participants and 2 ten-minute plays that stimulate conversation about the impact the field of nanoscale science may have on our lives. It also gets the audience thinking about how we should respond -- both individually and collectively -- to those potential impacts. This theater program was performed at the Science Museum of Minnesota and as an outreach program for high school students. The plays have also been performed individually as part of forums.
- See the positive and negative impacts that nanoscale technology may have on the environment and the medical field.
- Discuss and examine of both sides of the argument
- No one knows what nanoscale research may discover, or how it may be applied.
- How will nano affect you?
- Nanoscience, nanotechnology, and nanoengineering lead to new knowledge and innovations that weren't possible before.
- Nanotechnologies—and their costs, utility, risks, and benefits—are closely interconnected with society and with our values.
NISE Network products are developed through an iterative collaborative process that includes scientific review, peer review, and visitor evaluation in accordance with an inclusive audiences approach. Products are designed to be easily edited and adapted for different audiences under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike license. To learn more, visit our Development Process page.