The National Informal STEM Education Network (NISE Net) is pleased to offer free Explore Science: Chemistry kits to eligible institutions in the United States. In collaboration with the American Chemical Society, the NISE Network has assembled a set of engaging, hands-on experiences designed to stimulate interest, sense of relevance, and feelings of self-efficacy about chemistry among public audiences.
Applications for the physical kits must be submitted online using SurveyGizmo by June 1, 2018:
- Applications must be submitted online using SurveyGizmo:
- Survey Gizmo Link COMING SOON
- Overview includes application instructions and eligibility (please read before applying):
- Overview (PDF version) COMING SOON
- Overview (Word document version) COMING SOON
- Online SurveyGizmo application (just for reference; application must be filled out online)
- PDF version of online application COMING SOON
- Word version of online application COMING SOON
Please note that it is NOT possible to save your work in the SurveyGizmo online form and return for additional edits. Reports left idle for too long will go blank when you progress to the next screen. Please plan to complete the online report in one session. You may want to write your responses in a Word doc, save, and then cut and paste that information into this report. You may download the application in PDF and Word document formats here:
Timeline for 2018 Physical Toolkit
- March 1, 2018: Online application opens to apply for a free physical kit
- June 1, 2018: Deadline to submit application
- July 2018: Notification of award decisions
- September 2018: Kits delivered to successful applicants
- October-December 2018: Successful applicants host required public event(s)
- October 21- 27, 2018 National Chemistry Week, (NCW)
- December 15, 2018: Event reports due online (In addition to the required report, project evaluators may also be sending out an additional survey)
The Explore Science: Chemistry digital kit will be available for download in September 2018.
About the Project
- Learn more about the project: http://www.nisenet.org/chemattitudes
- Download the digital kit: http://www.nisenet.org/chemistry-kit
- Learn more about National Chemistry Week resources http://www.nisenet.org/national-chemistry-week
Funded by the National Science Foundation through the Museum of Science.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Number DRL 1612482. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the National Science Foundation.