NISE Net offers a digital download of the NanoDays kit, complete with instructions, lesson plans, supply lists, marketing materials, and multimedia files. Consider this option if you do not meet eligibility criteria, are affiliated with an organization that does not hold public events, would like to preview the contents, are located outside the United States, or want to create multiple copies of print resources. NISE Net members are welcome to download a zip file of the free NanoDays digital kit by clicking on the link below. Click here to download the full kit. If you would prefer not to download the entire kit, you are welcome to simply download portions of the kit, as outlined below.
What's in the 2014 digital kit zip file?
I. Digital files of documents to help you get started: Download a zip file of materials listed below. (Size: 13 MB)
- NanoDays 2014 Planning Guide and Welcome Letter revised
- Reminders about the 2014 NanoDays volunteer survey NEW!
- Strategies for Engaging Bilingual Audiences reference sheet NEW!
- A Guide to Building Parnerships Between Museums and University-Based Research Centers
II. Digital files of instructional guides, signs, and supplies for this year's hands-on nano activities and programs: Download a zip file of the activities listed below. (Size: 700 MB)
- Exploring Size—Measure Yourself revised Spanish!
- Exploring Size--Powers of Ten Spanish!
- Exploring Fabrication—Electroplating NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Memory Metal Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Ferrofluid revised Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Oobleck NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Nano & Society—You Decide! Spanish!
- Exploring Products—Computer Hard Drives Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Capillary Action NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Electric Squeeze NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Invisibility Spanish!
III. Digital files of educational graphics and media:Download a zip file of the materials listed below. (Size: 55 MB)
- Key Concepts Posters Spanish!
- Nano and Society Posters
- Nano Museum Labels (Graphic Signs) Spanish!
- Presidential Decisions game (Flash-based) NEW!
IV. Digital files of marketing and promotional materials: Download a zip file of the materials listed below (Size: 835 MB)
- NISE Network Brochure (to share with staff and collaborators)
- Large Promotional Banners, Sample Ads and Posters, Sample Press Release, and other Marketing Materials revised Spanish!
- NanoDays Promotional Video
- NISE Net Publicity Photos revised
V. Digital files of staff & volunteer training materials: Download a zip file of the materials listed below. (Size: 58 MB)
- Nano 101 for staff
- NanoDays orientation Powerpoint slides and notes revised
- Training Video guides NEW!
- Tips for engaging visitors
- Tips for visitor conversations
- Engaging the Public in Nano (guide to key concepts)
- NISE Network Learning Framework NEW!
- Team-Based Inquiry Guide NEW!
- Nanotechnology and Society Guide NEW!
VI. Digital files of educational media
- How Small is Nano? video
- What Happens in a Nano Lab? video
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal? Spanish!
- Mr. O videos: Getting a Sense of Smell, I Got No Stains on Me, and Molecular Gastronomy Nanocoatings, Butterfly Blues, Nobel Winning Experiment
- What's Nano About....? video series: Bubbles, Chocolate, Water, Toilets NEW!
- Nano and Me video series: Aluminum, Gold, Gravity, Latex, Pants, and Silver Spanish!
- Zoom into a Blue Morpho Butterfly video
- Zoom into a Lotus Leaf video
- Zoom into a Computer Chip video NEW!
- Invisibility Cloak video
- Wonders and Worries of Nanotechnology video series: Ask and Research, Who Benefits, and Regulation
- Three Angry Scientists video
- Does Every Silver Lining Have a Cloud? video
VII. Digital files of staff and volunteer training media
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal? (Intro to Nano video) Spanish!
- A Museum Presentation: How NOT to Present
- A Museum Presentation: How TO Present
- Speed-Ucate: How to have an effective science and society conversation NEW!
- America’s Next Top Presenter NEW!
Training Videos for NanoDays activities and programs NEW!
- Exploring Fabrication—Electroplating NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Fabrication—Gummy Capsules
- Exploring Materials—Ferrofluid NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Materials—Hydrogel
- Exploring Materials—Memory Metal 2014 kit
- Exploring Materials—Oobleck NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Materials—Thin Films NEW!
- Exploring Nano & Society—Space Elevator
- Exploring Nano & Society—You Decide! 2014 kit
- Exploring Products—Computer Hard Drives 2014 kit
- Exploring Products—Liquid Crystal Displays
- Exploring Products—Nano Fabrics NEW!
- Exploring Properties—Capillary Action NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Properties—Electric Squeeze NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Properties—Invisibility 2014 kit
- Exploring Properties—UV Bracelets
- Exploring Size—Measure Yourself NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Size—Moving Molecules
- Exploring Size—Powers of Ten Game NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Size—Tiny Ruler NEW!
- Exploring Tools—3D Imaging
- Exploring Tools—Mitten Challenge NEW!
- Exploring Tools—Mystery Shapes
- "Horton Hear a Who!" Storytime
- I Spy Nano! NEW!
- Robots and People NEW! 2014 kit
- Would You Buy That? NEW! 2014 kit
Refer to the activity guide or program lession plan located in the Catalog for more information (such as vendor contact info for any physical resource or consumable material, training tips, or special set-up requirements.)