The Sustainability in Science Museums project engages the public in learning about sustainability through the educational power of science centers and museums. SustainABLE kits provide hands-on activities and supporting resources for use in informal learning settings.
The digital SustainABLE kit of activities and materials is available for free download:
The kit includes:
- Hands-on activities to engage the public in sustainability
- Professional development and collaboration materials
- 75 kits will be distributed by an invitation-only process in 2016; this pilot year will inform future activities
- Arizona State University’s Sustainability in Science Museums program will create trainings, activity toolkits, and other resources to promote sustainability science and practice in museums
Organizations receiving physical kits in 2016, are required to submit an online reports. Reports are due January 31, 2017.
The report takes approximately 15 minutes to complete. Please note that it is NOT possible to save your work in the SurveyGizmo online form and return for additional edits. Reports left idle for too long will go blank when you progress to the next screen. Please plan to complete the online report in one session. You may want to write your responses in a Word doc, save, and then cut and paste that information into the online report.
- Online report link: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2542471/SustainABLE-2016-Report
- Download a PDF version of the report to preview questions
- Download a Word version of the report to preview questions
- 2016: invitation-only application and kit distribution
- Spring 2016: invitation-only kit award process
- Early summer 2016: kits ship
- Summer 2016-spring 2017: public engagement programming and events
- January 31, 2017: reports due
- Future years: more information available in 2017
The development and distribution of the SustainABLE kits are supported by Arizona State University Walton Sustainability Solutions Initiatives
More information about the project is available at https://sustainability.asu.edu/sustainabilitysolutions/sciencemuseums/