The 2015 Network-Wide Meeting will be held at the Saint Paul RiverCentre and the Science Museum of Minnesota in Saint Paul, Minnesota. The meeting will be attended by nearly 300 NISE Network partners from throughout the United States and will feature: keynote speakers, concurrent sessions, and opportunities for attendees to meet with others in the Network and share their own work.
Attendance at the Network-Wide Meeting will be by invitation-only due to space and budgetary limitations.
We are sorry we are unable to invite all NISE Network partners to attend the meeting; we will make digital versions of many slides and handouts available following the event.
Final Program and Attendee Materials
We suggest attendees print the Tuesday evening welcome night map listing the locations of the informal drop-by-dinners. All other materials will be printed and available at the meeting registration, Wednesday June 2nd at 7:30am at the Saint Paul RiverCentre 2nd floor.
- Map for Tuesday Evening, June 2, 2015 (Attendees please print and bring the Tuesday night map with you)
- Showcase listing
- Attendee list alphabetically by last name
- Attendee list arranged by geographic region and state
- Map for Wednesday Evening, June 3, 2015
- Map for Thursday Evening, June 4, 2015
A more detailed agenda will be added here in the coming months.
Tuesday, June 2, 2015
6:00pm - 8:30pm Informal drop-in evening events begin at multiple locations
Map for Tuesday Evening, June 2, 2015 (Attendees please print and bring the Tuesday night map with you)
Wednesday June 3, 2015
- 7:30am - 9:00am Registration and Breakfast at RiverCentre
9:00am - 5:00pm Plenary and concurrent sessions at RiverCentre
- Plenary: Welcomes
- Plenary: The Future of Nanotechnology scientists panel
- Lunch in Regional break out groups
- Showcase A: attendees share work (hands-on demos, brochures, posters, more)
- Concurrent session 1 (7 topics)
- Plenary: Future Opportunities
- 6:30pm - 9:30pm Group dinner and evening event with nanoscale education demonstrations
Thursday June 4, 2015
8:00am - 5:00pm Plenary and concurrent sessions at RiverCentre
- Concurrent session 2 (7 topics)
- Concurrent session 3 (7 topics)
- Lunch and Plenary: Synthetic Biology introduction and opportunities
- Showcase B: attendees share work (hands-on demos, brochures, posters, more)
- Concurrent session 4 (7 topics)
- Plenary: Closing
- 6:00pm - 7:00pm Group dinner at Science Museum of Minnesota
- 7:00pm - 11:00pm Social Science evening event at Science Museum of Minnesota
Meeting attendees will have the opportunity to share their own projects and activities during dedicated showcase times. We will split showcase presenters into two groups (one group on each day) so that attendees have a chance to see others’ work. We will be able to leave most showcase materials set up throughout the entire two days of the meeting.
Examples of showcase options are: a hands-on demo or activity, brochures or handouts about your project, or a simple poster describing your project or programs. If attendees need to ship an item in advance, attendees can ship it to your hotel rather than the museum. We will provide tables and space for posters. Posters may simply be taped on designated wall spaces; we will provide tape. Attendees can request a table or space for your poster on the RSVP form.
Travel Expenses and Logistics
We anticipate most attendees will arrive on Tuesday June 2nd and depart on Friday June 5th.The Science Museum of Minnesota will be paying for attendees’:
- flights to the meeting (reimbursement will be made available for attendees traveling by car, rail, or bus instead of plane)
- hotel rooms the evenings of Tuesday June 2, Wednesday June 3, and Thursday June 4th
- breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Wednesday June 3rd and Thursday June 4th
Attendees will be responsible for other costs such as taxis, non-group meals, and accommodations at other hotels or additional hotel nights.
Visiting Saint Paul:
- Located within easy walking distance from the meeting hotels:
The Science Museum of Minnesota will be arranging for flights through our travel agent.
For attendees not flying to the meeting, reimbursement will be available for car mileage, rail, or bus.
Taxis to and from the Minneapolis - Saint Paul (MSP) airport
Meeting attendees are responsible for their own taxi fares from the MSP to the meeting. Taxi airport fares are $31-$38. The Science Museum of Minnesota is NOT able to reimburse for costs such as taxis, airport parking, and non-group meals. At the end of the meeting, to aid with cab shares we will have a list of airport departure times; hotel staff can arrange a cab.
- City Wide Cab: 651-487-4100
- Airport Taxis: 651-222-0000
Meeting attendees will be staying in two hotels. The Science Museum of Minnesota will be arranging for and assigning participant's hotel rooms. The Science Museum of Minnesota will be paying for hotel rooms the evenings of Tuesday June 2nd, Wednesday June 3rd, and Thursday June 4th. Attendees should have received a room reservation list letting them know which hotel they will be staying at.
Crowne Plaza St. Paul-Riverfront
11 East Kellogg Boulevard St. Paul,Minnesota 55101
Holiday Inn St. Paul Downtown
175 W 7th St St. Paul, Minnesota 55102
- Goal 1: Through networking opportunities, participants will deepen relationships with each other in order to sustain partnerships and explore future collaborations for public engagement in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- Goal 2: Participants will learn about educational products and professional development resources they can use to increase their capacity to sustain public engagement in nano and other current science topics.
- Goal 3: Participants will have opportunities to share their experiences with public engagement in nanoscience, engineering, and technology and be inspired by the experiences of other partners.
- Goal 4: Participants will learn about new current science content and opportunities for collaboration and public engagement, including the synthetic biology project.