Sustainability in Science and Technology Museums supports museums in their efforts to expand their sustainability programming through content-rich trainings, public engagement materials, and other resources. All NISE Network partner organizations are invited to participate in the project, which includes professional development opportunities, public engagement materials, and resources.
Sustainability in Science Museums Online Workshop Series
This three part series of online workshops is aimed at supporting Network partners in engaging their staff, visitors, and communities in creating a sustainable future. These workshops will provide an overview of sustainability, explain its relevance to museums, and highlight examples of sustainability in different museums. Participants will also learn about new NISE Network public programming resources for use in your Earth Day 2020 offerings and beyond. For more information on each of these workshops and to RSVP:
(1) Tuesday, February 18, 2020; 2 - 3pm Eastern / 11am - 12pm Pacific
(2) Tuesday, February 25, 2020; 2 - 3pm Eastern / 11am - 12pm Pacific
- Sustainability and Museum Operations: Practices, Partnerships, and Resources to Help Your Organization Become More Sustainable
(3) Tuesday, March 3, 2020; 2 - 3pm Eastern / 11am - 12pm Pacific
Sustainability Fellowships introduce informal educators to sustainability science and practices and provide resources and support for Fellows to initiate or strengthen a sustainability project at their institution. More information is available at:
Sustainability Fellowship applications were due July 1, 2019. All fellowships have been awarded for 2019-2020.
Sustainable Futures (2020)
A collection of new public programs exploring sustainable futures.
COMING SOON in March 2020!
SustainABLE digital kit (2016)
The digital SustainABLE kit of activities and materials is available as a free download:
The kit includes:
- Hands-on activities to engage the public in learning about sustainability
- Professional development and collaboration materials for informal educators
About the project
- Learn more about the Sustainability in Science and Technology Museums program
The Rob and Melani Walton Sustainability in Science and Technology Museums program is supported through funding from the Rob and Melani Walton Foundation.