February 28, 2019
The National Informal STEM Education Network (NISE Net) Explore Science: Earth & Space 2019 physical toolkit have shipped out to 350 institutions nationwide!
The National Informal STEM Education Network (NISE Net) is shipping 350 Explore Science: Earth & Space 2019 physical toolkits to eligible partners in the US. In collaboration with NASA, the NISE Network has assembled a new set of engaging, hands-on Earth and space science experiences with connections to science, technology, and society. In addition to the physical toolkits, all digital materials are available online for free download.
A total of 350 toolkits have been awarded through a competitive application process. Eligible organizations include children’s museums, science centers, science museums, public planetariums and observatories, and NASA visitor centers located in the US.
Toolkits will be shipped from the Science Museum of Minnesota in two large boxes. If your toolkit does not arrive by March 8th, please contact Brandon Phan at [email protected] for assistance.
See a short ten-second panorama of the 2019 Explore Science: Earth and Space Toolkit production!
Toolkit Audience & Content
- Activities are designed for use in children’s museums, science centers, science museums, public planetariums and observatories, and NASA visitor centers in the United States.
- Activities are designed for family audiences with a range of experiences appropriate for visitors ages 4 through adult.
- Eleven hands-on activities to engage the public in Earth and space sciences including: heliophysics, Earth science, planetary science, astrophysics, and their connections to society
- Professional development materials including activity, content, and general facilitation training videos
- Event planning, program, and collaboration guides
- Marketing and promotional materials
- Specific information about the 2019 Apollo 11 Moon anniversary. For updates about new resources and activities visit: http://www.nisenet.org/moon5
Digital 2019 Toolkits Available for Download
A digital version of the 2019 toolkit is available for download
Physical 2019 toolkits recipients
The NISE Network runs a series of free online workshops focused on helping partners share their work and learn from others in the Network. The aim of the online workshops is to increase the number of professional development opportunities available to our partners and create more channels for Network partners to learn from each other directly. View full details for upcoming online workshops and archived workshop recordings at http://www.nisenet.org/events/online-workshop.
The Science Behind the 2019 Explore Science: Earth and Space Toolkit - Exploring Earth and Our Solar System
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
The Science Behind the 2019 Explore Science: Earth and Space Toolkit – Exploring the Universe
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
New to the NISE Network? Please see the recording of the January 2019 workshop: New to the NISE Network? Getting Familiar with Network Resources, Partners, Projects, and Events http://www.nisenet.org/catalog/online-workshop-new-nise-network-getting-familiar-network-resources-partners-projects-and
Recordings of all past online workshops are available here: http://www.nisenet.org/search/product_type/online-workshops-31
To learn more about the National Informal STEM Education Network (NISE Net) please subscribe to our free monthly newsletter: http://www.nisenet.org/newsletter
This material is based upon work supported by NASA cooperative agreement award number NNX16AC67A and 80NSSC18M0061. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).