Professional Learning for Scientists
NISE Network creates resources designed specifically for scientists and other STEM professionals. These include tools and guides on science communication, methods for engaging the public, and ways to enhance collaborations.
Featured Resources for ScientistsBrowse all professional learning resources for scientists
Public Engagement with Science: A guide to creating conversations among publics and scientists for mutual learning and societal decision-making
Professional development guide to help staff develop activities and implement multi-directional conversations with visitors at Building with Biology events.
Let's Do Chemistry Train-the-Trainer Workshop Resources
A collection of workshop resource to support modifying and facilitating activities to increase participants' interest, relevance, and self-efficacy in chemistry.
A Global Landscape of Neuroscience Public Engagement Efforts and the Potential Nexus of Neuroethics
Publication focused on the intersection between neuroscience public engagement and ethics using a from a series of interviews with neuroscientists, neuroethicists, patient advocates, and educators around the world.
A Guide to Building Partnerships Between Science Museums and University-Based Research Centers
Professional development guide for scientists from the Nanoscale Informal Science Education Network.
Tips Sheets for Engaging Public Audiences
A collection of tips sheets for engaging public audiences in hands-on STEM activities. Specific sheets for: girls, young learners, bilingual audiences, preparing guest speakers, creating conversations, difficult concepts, and accessibility and inclusion.
More Resources for Scientists
- Making the Most of Broadcast Media Workshop
- Mastering Science and Public Presentations: Video
- Creating Stunning Scientific Posters Seminar
- Science Writing Workshop: How to tell a story, How to conduct an interview
- Sharing Science Workshop & Practicum Planning & Implementation Guide
- REU Science Communication Workshop Planning & Implementation Guide
- Tips Sheet for Guest Speakers
- Step into the Shoes of Stakeholders training guide and materials
- Stand Up Sit Down Icebreaker