NISE Network supports a lifetime of STEM engagement
People learn about science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) throughout their lives. While we often associate learning with school, during the average person’s lifetime there are actually more opportunities to learn at home, on the job, in the community, and in nature. Settings such as museums are specially designed for informal and lifelong learning.
Our community of educators and scientists creates and shares resources, ideas, and practicesLearn More
The NISE Network generates, develops, implements, and collaborates on projects that strengthen and advance informal STEM learning in communities across the United States.
We achieve our impact through our partner organizations, which include science centers, children’s museums, universities, and others. Network projects create educational materials, support professional learning, and build capacity through collaboration and networking.
As a professional community, we are committed to learning alongside each other and our partners, and to evolving the way we work as a result. We value:
- Opportunities for everyone to participate in meaningful STEM learning throughout their lives.
- Interactive, imaginative, and social experiences that explore authentic STEM.
- Collaboration among educators, scientists, community members, and others who contribute to lifelong learning.
- Ongoing professional learning and use of promising and best practices.
- Our network of partners that create and share resources, knowledge, practices, and ideas.
- The impact we can have on the world when we work together toward common goals.
Port Discovery Children’s Museum
NISE Network is a National Community of Educators and Scientists
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
NISE Network Partners Across the Country
NISE Network Partner Organizations