The NISE Net runs a series of online brown-bag conversations focused on helping partners share their work and learn from others in the Network. The aim of the online brown-bag conversations is to increase the number of professional development opportunities available to our partners, create more channels for Network partners to learn from each other directly, and create ways for partners to follow-up on ideas or efforts that emerge at in-person meetings.
Localizing Your NanoDays Kit: Adapting Kit Material for Local Culture and Industry (Recorded)
Wednesday, October 15th
3pm - 4pm ET / 12pm - 1pm PT
- Frank Kusiak, The Lawrence Hall of Science
- Ahia Dye, 'Imiloa Astronomy Center
- Karen Knecht, Da Vinci Science Center
NISE Net partners have adapted NanoDays activities to extend and increase engagement and understanding of nano in their local communities. From creating a series of culturally based activities for camps and school outreach to using kit activities to foster closer relationships with local industry, presenters explored ways to identify the need and what steps these museums have taken to successfully bring nano to their community.
- Watch a recording of the brown-bag here
- NISE Net Product page: Localizing Your NanoDays Kit: Adapting Kit Material for Local Culture and Industry