The NISE Network runs a series of free online workshops to increase the number of professional development opportunities available to our partners, and create more channels for partners to share their work and learn from each other directly.
Big or Small, Make Your Apollo 50th Anniversary Celebration Events a Moonshot!
Tuesday, May 14, 2019; 2 - 3pm Eastern / 11am - 12pm Pacific
July 20, 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the first humans landing on the Moon and communities all across the US are coming together to celebrate this historical achievement. No matter if you’re deep into event planning or just beginning, join us for a sharing of Apollo related programming ideas and resources by staff from NASA’s Museum Alliance, the Lunar and Planetary Institute and the NISE Network. Additionally, hear from Network partners presenting about their own event plans, how they’re utilizing Apollo resources in their communities, and how they’re collaborating with local experts to celebrate the Apollo 50th anniversary. Come get inspired and share your own plans!
Brad Herring, Museum of Life & Science (Moderator)
Amelia Chapman, Museum Alliance
Andrew Shaner, Lunar and Planetary Institute
Darrell Porcello, Children's Creativity Museum and NISE Network Earth & Space, Co-I
Rachel Quimby, EcoTarium, MA
Ruth Watt, Saint Louis Science Center, MO
Lucien Scott, Creative Discovery Museum, TN
Links to Apollo 50th Resources:
- NISE Net's compilation of Apollo 50th anniversary resources: http://nisenet.org/moon50
- Lunar Planetary Institute resources: https://www.lpi.usra.edu/apollo50/
- NASA’s Museum Alliance resources (you must register to access): https://informal.jpl.nasa.gov/museum/apollo-50th-resources
- NASA Apollo anniversary resources: https://www.nasa.gov/specials/apollo50th/ and https://science.nasa.gov/toolkits/apollo-anniversary
- NASA’s Space STEM Forum: https://spacestem.nasa.gov/
- The Moon: NASA is Going Back and Looking Forward presentation: http://www.nisenet.org/catalog/moon-nasa-going-back-and-looking-forward-presentation
- Apollo landing sites visualization video produced by NASA's Moon Trek team: https://vimeo.com/317054974
This material is based upon work supported by NASA under cooperative agreement award numbers NNX16AC67A and 80NSSC18M0061. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).