The NISE Network runs a series of free online workshops to increase the number of professional development opportunities available to our partners, and create more channels for partners to share their work and learn from each other directly.
Museum Community Partnerships - Part 1: Libraries
Tuesday, October 10, 2017; 2 - 3pm Eastern / 11am - 12pm Pacific
Libraries are wonderful venues for reaching new, underserved audiences, since they are free and open to everyone. Join us to hear about successful partnerships between science museums and their local libraries, and how you can build a connection with the library in your own community. We'll also highlight the hands-on activity, Bear's Shadow, from the Explore Science: Earth & Space 2017 toolkit that is ideal for library programs.
Organizers: Anna Hurst, Astronomical Society of the Pacific and Christina Leavell, Science Museum of Minnesota
- Julia Skolnik and Tara Cox, The Franklin Institute
- Keliann LeConte, Space Science Institute
- Andrew Spence and Cheri Grinnell, Kentucky Science Center
- View a recording of the 10-10-2017 online workshop here (Vimeo)
- Online Workshop summary of resources (PDF)
- Online Workshop presentation slides (PDF)
- NISE Net Product page: Museum Community Partnerships - Part 1: Libraries
- LEAP into Science: https://www.fi.edu/leap
- STAR_Net: https://www.starnetlibraries.org
- STAR_Net: https://www.starnetlibraries.org/portfolio-items/nasa-my-library/
- Science in Play 2Go program: http://kysciencecenter.org/permanent-exhibits/science-in-play/science-in-play-2go/
- Exploring Earth: Bear's Shadow hands-on activity: http://www.nisenet.org/catalog/exploring-earth-bears-shadow
- Online Workshop: Museum Community Partnerships - Part 3: Working with the Solar System Ambassadors and Night Sky Network recording and workshop resources
- Online Workshop: Museum Community Partnerships - Part 2: Girl Scouts recording and workshop resources
- Museum & Community Partnerships: Collaboration Guide and additional resources: http://www.nisenet.org/collaboration-guide
About the Project
- Learn more about the project: http://www.nisenet.org/space
- Explore Science: Earth & Space 2017 digital toolkit available online: http://nisenet.org/earthspacekit
This material is based upon work supported by NASA under grant or cooperative agreement award number NNX16AC67A. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).