The Periodic Table of Chemical Elements is one of the most significant achievements in science, capturing the essence not only of chemistry, but also of physics and biology. It is a unique tool, enabling scientist to predict the appearance and properties of matter on the Earth and in the rest of the Universe.
2019 will be the 150th anniversary since Dmitry Mendeleev discovered the Periodic System and has been proclaimed the "International Year of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements" (IYPT2019).
- NISE Network Explore Science: Let's Do Chemistry kit
- National Chemistry Week resources from the American Chemical Society and NISE Network
- American Chemical Society (ACS) IYPT educational resources
- American Chemical Society (ACS) IYPT - Periodic Table Wallet Cards
folding wallet cards
- International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC)
- More about IYPT and events worldwide
- All chemistry related activities on nisenet.org
- The Periodic Table Song (updated version created by AsapSCIENCE)
- The Solar System and the Periodic Table - from Lunar Planetary Institute (LPI) - printable posters
Periodic Videos - a video for every element
more about the Martin Poliakoff elements videos