Engaging activities and professional development resources to create conversations about the emerging field of synthetic biology and societal implications.
Download the full digital kit
Planning and promotional materials
- Welcome letter and list of kit contents
- Event Planning and Marketing Materials
- Event Planning and Marketing Guide
- Sample press release Spanish!
- Photo release forms
- Evaluation Materials
- Evaluation letter
- Event public survey form
- Facilitator sign-up sheet
- Evaluation and Data training video
- Event passports Spanish!
- "I am a Scientist" stickers Spanish!
- Digital copies of all promotional materials including photos, ads, posters, and banner Spanish!
Orientation and training materials
- Tips for Visitor Conversations handouts
- Event Orientation Presentation slides with notes
- Background reference sheets Spanish!
- Introductory videos:
- Facilitator guides with notes and tips for the hands-on activities and forum (included in activity links below)
- Training videos for each of the hands-on activities and the forum, included in your kit and also online:
- Additional orientation materials created by AAAS can be found online:
Digital copies of all hands-on activity guides, worksheets, and graphic materials
- See DNA activity Spanish!
- Kit of Parts activity Spanish!
- VirEx Delivery activity Spanish!
- Super Organisms activity Spanish!
- Bio Bistro activity Spanish!
- Tech Tokens activity Spanish!
Should Edit the Genome? forum (2017) (not included in original kit download)
Editing Our Evolution: Rewriting the Human Genome forum (2018) (not included in original kit download)
- Building with Biology: Introduction to Synthetic Biology and Society video Spanish!
- Can we eliminate diseases like Zika, dengue and malaria using gene drives? by Risk Bites
- Synthetic Biology Explained, by Grist
- How does synthetic biology work? by MindFuel Canada
- What is gene editing and how does it work? by the Royal Society in conjunction with Wellcome Trust.
- Genetic Engineering Will Change Everything Forever – CRISPR by Kurzgesagt
- Training videos for each of the hands-on activities and the forum, included in your kit and also online: https://vimeopro.com/nisenet/buildingwithbiology
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Number DRL 1421179. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.