Team-Based Inquiry - Evaluation Capacity-Building
Team-Based Inquiry (TBI) is a practical approach to empowering education professionals to get the data they need, when they need it, to improve their products and practices and, ultimately, more effectively engage public and professional audiences. The TBI process involves an ongoing cycle of inquiry: question, investigate, reflect, and improve.
- The Team-Based Inquiry Guide explains each step of the TBI process and features ways TBI is used in the NISE Network to improve educational experiences and professional practice.
- The Team-Based Inquiry Training Videos were designed to support museum practitioners in learning about and using TBI in their own institutions by describing this process and providing examples of how a team might work through the different steps.
More Evaluation Tools
- NISE Network Program Evaluation Tools Professional development evaluation tools for educators; includes survey instrument templates and observation forms to facilitate program evaluation.
- Evaluating the NISE Network: Reflections from the Evaluation Workgroup (2016) reflects upon and documents some of the challenges the NISE Network Evaluation workgroup faced and lessons we learned about evaluating one of the largest informal education networks ever formed.
- How Can an Evaluation Advisory Committee Benefit a Project? The NISE Network Example (2017) reflects upon and documents how our team used an Evaluation Committee of Visitors (COV), or external review panel, to support and oversee the internal Evaluation workgroup.
More Evaluation Resources
Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education (CAISE) offers more evaluation tools and resources
Refine your search on https://www.informalscience.org for evaluation tools using the "Resource type" filter and selecting the "Research and Evaluation Instruments"
The Collaboration for Ongoing Visitor Experience Studies (COVES) is designed to unite museums across the country to systematically collect, analyze, and report on visitor experience data
Team Based Inquiry (TBI) Cohort (2014) organizations describe their evaluation capacity-building projects
Team Based Inquiry (TBI) Cohort (2015) organizations describe their evaluation capacity-building projects
Evaluating the NISE Network: Reflections from the Evaluation Workgroup
How Can an Evaluation Advisory Committee Benefit a Project? The NISE Network Example
Online Workshop Recording: Evaluating Building with Biology Forums
Online Workshop Recording: Evaluating Educational Experiences During Times of Limited Social Interactions - Adventures in Team-Based Inquiry
NISE Network Program Evaluation Tools
Team-Based Inquiry Guide (evaluation capacity building tool)
Team-Based Inquiry Training Videos
Online Workshop: Nano Brown-Bag: Making Evaluation Design Decisions: When Basic Evaluation Methods Meet the Real World