The NISE Network runs a series of free online workshops to increase the number of professional development opportunities available to our partners, and create more channels for partners to share their work and learn from each other directly.
Stories & STEM: Explore the Power of Narrative to Engage Audiences and Enliven Hands-on Science Programs
Tuesday, April 30, 2019; 2 - 3pm Eastern / 11am - 12pm Pacific
Learn more about the Collaborative Summer Library Program’s 2019 summer learning theme: "A Universe of Stories", and other resources and projects that use story and narrative to engage participants in STEM topics. Keliann LaConte from the Space Science Institute will introduce the summer learning program, as well resources from STAR Library Network (StarNet) and NASA@ My Library. Tara Cox from the Franklin Institute will share the Core Four Strategies from the LEAP Into Science program. Anna Hurst from the Astronomical Society for the Pacific (ASP) will share story-based activities from the My Sky Tonight project.
Ali Jackson, Sciencenter
Keliann LaConte, Space Science Institute
Tara Cox, Franklin Institute
Anna Hurst, Astronomical Society for the Pacific
About the Projects
- Learn more about the Earth & Space project: http://www.nisenet.org/space
- Universe of Stories Summer Learning Program: http://www.nisenet.org/events/other/universe-stories-2019-summer-learning-program
- STAR Net – Science-Technology Activities & Resources For Libraries: https://www.starnetlibraries.org/
NASA@ My Library: http://www.starnetlibraries.org/portfolio-items/nasa-my-library/
- Leap into Science at the Franklin Institute: http://leap.fi.edu/
- Astronomical Society for the Pacific's My Sky Tonight project: www.astrosociety.org/MySkyTonight
This material is based upon work supported by NASA under cooperative agreement award numbers NNX16AC67A and 80NSSC18M0061. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).