NISE Net offers a digital download of the NanoDays kit, complete with instructions, lesson plans, supply lists, marketing materials, and multimedia files. Click here to download the full kit.
If you would prefer not to download the entire kit, you are welcome to simply download sections of the kit or individual items as outlined below.
What's in the 2010 digital kit zip file?
I. Digital files of guides and tools for engaging the public in nanoscale science
- NanoDays Planning Guide
- Bringing Nano to the Public: a Collaboration Opportunity for Researchers and Museums
- Public Forums Manual
- Science Cafe Guide
II. Digital files of instructions & graphics to deliver twelve hands-on nano activities
- Exploring Measurement—Ruler
- Exploring Measurement—Human Body
- Exploring Tools—SPM
- Exploring Forces—Gravity
- Exploring Properties—Surface Area
- Exploring Structures—Buckyballs
- Exploring Materials—Liquid Crystal
- Exploring Materials—Ferrofluid
- Exploring Measurement—Molecules
- Exploring Fabrication—Self-Assembly
- Exploring Measurement—StretchAbility
- Exploring Materials—Nano Fabric
III. Digital files for the following products to engage the public in nano:
- Digital file for "Everything is Made of Atoms" poster
- Digital file for "Scale Ladder" pamphlet and poster
- Digital files for "Zoom into a Human Hand" and "Zoom into a Nasturtium Leaf" interactive media piece
- DECIDE Nanotechnology Game
- Two 10-minute plays about societal implications of nano: Let's Talk About It by Richard W. Rousseau and Same Sides by Stacey Parshall
- Information about how to order "I'm Made of Atoms" temporary tattoos
- Information about how to order "Feel Nano!" magnets used in the activity Exploring Tools - SPM
- Digital instructions and graphics for nano activities and demonstrations: "Balloon Nanotubes", "DNA—Nanotechnology", "Exploring Measurement—Solutions", "Magic Sand", and "Sizing Things Down"
IV. Digital files with electronic templates for the following marketing materials: