Activities and professional development resources designed to stimulate interest, sense of relevance, and feelings of self-efficacy about chemistry among public audiences.
Download the full digital kit
- Explore Science: Let's Do Chemistry activity training films on Vimeo:
Promotional Video and Photos
- Explore Science: Let's Do Chemistry promo videos:
- Explore Science: Let's Do Chemistry activity photo gallery on SmugMug:
Planning & Promotional Materials
- 2018 Event Planning and promotional materials
- Welcome letter and list of kit contents
- Let’s Do Chemistry Planning and Partnership Guide (including promotional materials)
- Facilitator email collection sheet
- Chemical labeling instructions
- Photo release form
- Customizable sample press release Spanish!
- Digital copies of all promotional materials, ready-to-print and customizable
Safety, Professional Development, and Training Materials
Digital files of all safety, PD, and training materials guidebooks, presentation slides, and digital copies of all activity training guides and graphics
- Safety Materials
- Let’s Do Chemistry Safety Guide
- Labeling instructions
- Professional Development and Training Materials
- Let’s Do Chemistry: A Framework and Strategies to Encourage Positive Attitudes Toward Learning Chemistry in Museums and Informal Settings (focused on identifying evidence-based design strategies that increase participants’ interest, relevance, and self-efficacy)
- Let’s Do Chemistry Event Training and Overview presentation notes
- American Chemical Society Inquiry in Action and Best of WonderScience books
(included in physical kit, available from ACS)
- Activity facilitator training materials
- Tips for Leading Hands-on Chemistry Activities
- Atoms to Atoms training guide and materials Spanish!
- Gum and Chocolate training guide and materials
- What’s in the Box? Improv guide
- Activity facilitator guides (included with each activity below)
- Chem-Attitudes with Dr. Braxton Hazelby facilitation training video
- Training videos for each hands-on activity
Hands-on Chemistry Activities
Digital copies of all activity guides, graphics, and educational materials Spanish!
- Build a Battery Spanish!
- Cleaning Oil Spills with Chemistry (longer program)
- Chemistry is Colorful Spanish!
- Chemistry Makes Scents Spanish!
- Molecules in Motion Spanish!
- Nature of Dye Spanish!
- Rocket Reactions Spanish!
- Sublimation Bubbles Spanish!
- What’s in the Water Spanish
Training activities that can also be adapted for public use:
A refill kit of supplies was shipped to 250 locations in early May 2019 to encourage continued use of the activities.
Learn more about refill kit contents
National Chemistry Week (NCW) materials
from American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Summary of NCW resources and links: www.nisenet.org/national-chemistry-week
- NCW event logos and graphics
- All NCW resources from ACS: acs.org/ncw
Activities are designed for use in children’s museums, science centers, science museums, and chemistry public outreach programs in the United States.
Activities are designed for family audiences with a range of experiences appropriate for visitors ages 6 through adult.
About the Project
- Learn more about the project: http://www.nisenet.org/chemattitudes
- Learn more about the application process for physical kits: http://www.nisenet.org/chemistry-report
- Learn more about the application process for physical kits: http://www.nisenet.org/chemistry-apply
- List of NISE Network partners awarded a physical 2018 Explore Science: Let's Do Chemistry kit
- Learn more about National Chemistry Week resources http://www.nisenet.org/national-chemistry-week
Funded by the National Science Foundation through the Museum of Science.
This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Number DRL 1612482. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the National Science Foundation.