Public programs, hands-on activities, and professional development resources about nanoscale science, engineering, and technology and their impact on society.
NISE Network offers a digital download of the NanoDays 2013 kit, complete with instructions, lesson plans, supply lists, marketing materials, and multimedia files.
NISE Net offers a digital download of the NanoDays kit, complete with instructions, lesson plans, supply lists, marketing materials, and multimedia files.
Download the full digital kit:
All NanoDays 2009-2016 Resources
I. Hands-on activities
- Exploring Size—Measure Yourself revised Spanish!
- Exploring Size—Powers of Ten Spanish!
- Exploring Fabrication—Electroplating NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Memory Metal Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Ferrofluid revised Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Oobleck NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Nano & Society—You Decide! Spanish!
- Exploring Products—Computer Hard Drives Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Capillary Action NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Electric Squeeze NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Invisibility Spanish!
III. Graphics and Media
- Key Concepts Posters Spanish!
- Nano and Society Posters
- Nano Museum Labels (Graphic Signs) Spanish!
- Presidential Decisions game (Flash-based) NEW!
- Nanooze Print Editions NEW!
IV. A set of guides and tools for planning and promoting your event
- NanoDays 2014 Planning Guide and Welcome Letter revised
- Reminders about the 2014 NanoDays volunteer survey
- NISE Network Brochure (to share with staff and collaborators)
- Large Promotional Banners, Sample Ads and Posters, Sample Press Release, and other Marketing Materials revised Spanish!
- NanoDays Promotional Video
- NISE Net Publicity Photos revised
- Strategies for Engaging Bilingual Audiences reference sheet NEW!
- A Guide to Building Parnerships Between Museums and University-Based Research Centers
- Temporary Tatoos
- Digital Kit USB with electronic copies of all materials found in the entire kit revised
V. Training Materials
- Nano 101 for Staff
- NanoDays Orientation Powerpoint slides and notes revised
- Training Video guides NEW!
- Tips for Engaging Visitors
- Tips for Visitor Conversations
- Engaging the Public in Nano (guide to key concepts)
- NISE Network Learning Framework NEW!
- Team-Based Inquiry Guide NEW!
- Nanotechnology and Society Guide NEW!
VI. Educational Media DVD
- How Small is Nano? video
- What Happens in a Nano Lab? video
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal? Spanish!
- Mr. O videos: Getting a Sense of Smell, I Got No Stains on Me, and Molecular Gastronomy Nanocoatings, Butterfly Blues, Nobel Winning Experiment
- What's Nano About....? video series: Bubbles, Chocolate, Water, Toilets NEW!
- Nano and Me video series: Aluminum, Gold, Gravity, Latex, Pants, and Silver Spanish!
- Zoom into a Blue Morpho Butterfly video
- Zoom into a Lotus Leaf video
- Zoom into a Computer Chip video NEW!
- Invisibility Cloak video NEW!
- Wonders and Worries of Nanotechnology video series: Ask and Research, Who Benefits, and Regulation
- Three Angry Scientists video
- Does Every Silver Lining Have a Cloud? video
VII. Staff and volunteer training media DVD
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal? (Intro to Nano video) Spanish!
- A Museum Presentation: How NOT to Present
- A Museum Presentation: How TO Present
- Speed-Ucate: How to have an effective science and society conversation NEW!
- America’s Next Top Presenter NEW!
- Training Videos for NanoDays activities and programs NEW!
- Exploring Fabrication—Electroplating NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Fabrication—Gummy Capsules
- Exploring Materials—Ferrofluid NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Materials—Hydrogel
- Exploring Materials—Memory Metal 2014 kit
- Exploring Materials—Oobleck NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Materials—Thin Films NEW!
- Exploring Nano & Society—Space Elevator
- Exploring Nano & Society—You Decide! 2014 kit
- Exploring Products—Computer Hard Drives 2014 kit
- Exploring Products—Liquid Crystal Displays
- Exploring Products—Nano Fabrics NEW!
- Exploring Properties—Capillary Action NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Properties—Electric Squeeze NEW! kit
- Exploring Properties—Invisibility 2014 kit
- Exploring Properties—UV Bracelets
- Exploring Size—Measure Yourself NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Size—Moving Molecules
- Exploring Size—Powers of Ten Game NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Size—Tiny Ruler NEW!
- Exploring Tools—3D Imaging
- Exploring Tools—Mitten Challenge NEW!
- Exploring Tools—Mystery Shapes
- "Horton Hears a Who!" Storytime
- I Spy Nano! NEW!
- Robots and People NEW! 2014 kit
- Would You Buy That? NEW! 2014 kit
All videos may be downloaded from Vimeo with a free "basic" account: www.vimeo.com/join; for more assistance please see FAQ # 10.