Welcome to the monthly e-newsletter for the National Informal STEM Education (NISE) Network and community.
- Community News: Apply Now! Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkit applications due November 4th, Don't forget to complete your Building wiht Biology final report, Museums & Community Partnerships projects implemented, ChemAttitudes: Project designed to stimulate interest, sense of relevance, and self-efficacy about chemistry among public audiences, NISE Network transitions to a new regional hub structure
- Upcoming Events: National Chemistry Week taking place October 16 - 22, 2016
- Partner Highlights: Children's Museum of Eau Claire's "Science Troupe" visits Science Museum of Minnesota!, Building with Biology at Port Discovery Children's Museum: Purposeful play and learning through meaningful science experiences
- Featured on the Website: NISE Network online workshop: Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkits (Recorded), Sustainable Nano podcast
- Science in the News: Using graphene to lower the cost and footprint of LEDs, Quantum computing progress, The problem with Vanilla, Scientists find 3.7 billion-year-old-fossil, NASA's Hubble spots possible water plumes erupting on Jupiter's moon Europa, How to keep your phone batter charged longer
- STEM Throughout the Year: NISE Net's ideas for incorporating current science, engineering, and technology into holidays, seasons, annual events, and special events
- Before applying, please review the toolkit application overview at: http://www.nisenet.org/earthspacekit-apply
- Applications are due November 4, 2016 and must be submitted online at: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/2935641/Earth-Space-Toolkit-2017-Application
- Please complete your Building with Biology final report online after hosting your last event; instructions for completing the report can be found at http://www.buildingwithbiology.org/get-involved.
- If you received a physical kit, project reports are due October 15, 2016; submit your report Museums & Community Partnerships online report now
Children’s Museum of Eau Claire's "Science Troupe" visits Science Museum of Minnesota!
Social media NISE Network partner shout-outs
- NISE Network online workshop: Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkits (Recorded) - This recorded online workshop provides an introduction to the new Space & Earth Informal STEM Education (SEISE) project; focusing primarily on an overview of what's in the Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkits, including information about how to apply and eligibility requirements. These online workshops and toolkits are open for both new and existing NISE Network partners.
- Sustainable Nano podcast - Curious about nanotechnology, sustainability, or life in science? The Sustainable Nano podcast is produced by the Center for Sustainable Nanotechnology, a chemistry research center funded by the National Science Foundation. Episodes focus on what nanotechnology has to do with sustainability, car batteries, viruses, and more.
- Try out this Building with Biology-related activity: Bio Bistro
Explore these great events to keep your visitors engaged in STEM throughout the month of October. For a list of events and activities throughout the year, visit http://www.nisenet.org/seasons.
- NISE Network National Chemistry Week page www.nisenet.org/national-chemistry-week
Do you have something you would like to submit for inclusion in the NISE Network monthly e-newsletter? Please send your announcements, articles, or community opportunities to Kayla Berry at [email protected].