January 10, 2023
We are looking forward to collaborating with NISE Network partners across the United States in 2023! Below is a list of opportunities and upcoming projects that we are looking forward to over the next few years.
The NISE Network website and newsletter remain the best ways to learn about upcoming opportunities, free online workshops, and conference presentations.
You can also download our most recent Projects and Opportunities flyer (revised 9-9-22) summarizing existing resources and upcoming opportunities.
Opportunities and upcoming projects
- Online workshops
- Check out the upcoming schedule of online workshops taking place on select Tuesday 2-3pm Eastern: https://www.nisenet.org/events
If you are are attending any of these in-person conferences please check out NISE Network related events and activities:
- Association of Children's Museums Interactivity in New Orleans (April) https://www.nisenet.org/ACM2023
- STEM Learning Ecosystems in Florida (May) https://www.nisenet.org/SLECoP2023
- Visitor Studies Association virtual (July) https://www.nisenet.org/VSA2023
- ASTC in North Carolina (October) https://www.nisenet.org/ASTC2023
- Changing Brains project: A new set of activities addressing neuroethics engagement—the combination of public engagement and neuroethics—based on an emerging learning framework. This work funded by the Dana Foundation, will also connect the Network with the Civic Science Fellows program. https://www.nisenet.org/brain
- Making Waves with Radio project: New hands-on activities will be coming to nisenet.org covering radio technologies and their connections to modern society. This work, funded by NSF, will be attached to a larger set of digital tools created by NISE network partner museums including mobile apps and an in-depth camp curriculum. https://www.nisenet.org/making-waves-with-radio
- Build a Mars Habitat exhibit component addition to the Sun, Earth, Universe exhibition, (52 copies will be delivered to recipients of the Sun, Earth, Universe exhibition).
- Explore Science: Voyage through the Solar System: Hands-on activities, new and updated DIY apps, and training materials about our solar system and human space exploration; 350 physical kits will be distributed to past Explore Science: Earth & Space kit recipients. https://www.nisenet.org/voyage-solar-system
- Solar Eclipse - October 14, 2023: We will continue to update our website with resources to help you engage audiences in this celebration. Resources available now at: https://www.nisenet.org/solareclipse
2024 - 2025:
- Solar Eclipse - April 8, 2024: We will continue to update our website with resources to help you engage audiences in this celebration. Resources available now at: https://www.nisenet.org/solareclipse
- STEM Learning Ecosystems: Professional resources to support lifelong learning using principles and practices of successful STEM Learning Ecosystems. https:/www.nisenet.org/stem-learning-ecosystems-project
- Co-Creation professional learning resources
- Professional learning and resources designed intentionally to engage Hispanic communities in Earth and space science
Stay in Touch!
- Social Media
- New to the NISE Network?
If you or fellow staff members are new to the network, check out Getting Started https://www.nisenet.org/gettingstarted
- Share your stories with us!
Contact Christina Leavell ([email protected]) to be featured in the newsletter and highlight the amazing work you’re doing. Check out past partner highlights for examples: https://www.nisenet.org/blog
We value your participation in the network and are so grateful for your incredible work engaging local communities. We look forward to continuing to work together in the future!
Without their vital support these efforts would not be possible.
We sincerely thank our funders for their generous support.